Thursday, November 16, 2006

MSU and Predictions

The Spartans are as down and out as any team I've seen drag themselves into Happy Valley. MSU is not bowl eligible, their coach will not be back for next year, and the team has already famously blown a big lead. Things are not going well in East Lansing. In fact, things are going so poorly that a MSU Alumnus told me:
"It's sad, it's the Penn State/Michigan St. weekend and I'm more interested in basketball!"
Wow.
That being said, the Sparty is still a dangerous opponent. The talent level on MSU is still quite high but they are just, apparently, poorly coached.
What is a more intriguing question than "How bad are the Spartans?" is: "How many Pts. will Penn State's offense score". History tells us not many, but will it be enough?
I personally feel that Joe's return to coaching via the booth will be an emotional lift for an anemic Penn State offense and will power them to untold offensive heights (see prediction below)!

Predictions:
PSU 20 (probably a defensive TD in there somewhere!)
MSU 13


and just because it is easily the game to watch on Saturday:
Mich. 17
TOSU 13
A game for the ages but Michigan's powerful defensive line is the difference.

GO STATE! BEAT THE SPARTANS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think our offense is going to blow up against MSU. I remember my junior year, we were only having a crappy year and were 4-7 coming into that game I believe. However, that game was so much fun. I was there with J.P. and we jumped out to the 28-0 lead in the first quarter and it was awesome. Ha ha. I know this is totally wishful thinking, but I see Tony getting some good runs early and Butler getting some touches for big plays.