Thursday, June 14, 2007

Family

Family is a cornerstone of the Penn State Tradition. Nowhere is it more evident than in the assistant coaches at PSU. ESPN has a GREAT article on Tom Bradley and why he has remained with the Lions for nearly thirty years in an era of coaching carousels.
Here are some excellent quotes from Coach Bradley.
On Joe:
"It's a great place," Bradley said. "You're around great people and I work for a great coach. People ask me, 'Why didn't you go? Why didn't you do this? Why didn't you do that?' If I could find something better, I'd know it. But I haven't found something better. It's a great atmosphere to work. Joe lets us coach and he treats us fairly and treats us like men."

On Coach Paterno:
"Who wouldn't want to be head coach at Penn State?" Bradley said. "If you walk down the street and ask 100 guys if they'd like to be the head coach at Penn State, 99 of them are going to tell you yes. It's a great university and a great place. I think anybody would answer that question, 'Sure, I'd like to be the head coach at Penn State.'"
Of course everyone would want to be the next coach at Penn State. It would mean getting to coach a team who has been under the command of possibly the greatest college football coach EVER! I would say the best. (Take that Bowden and Bryant!)

No comments: