Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Blue-White Roundtable:

TNL provided the questions this week and I am totally fired up to provide my kick-ass answers! Does it seem to anyone else that all they do is answer round-table questions? No? Ok.
Penn State just landed its first running back verbal. Of course we need more depth but is Brandon Beachum the answer?

Yes. Well, he certainly could be. He is a big, bruising, up the middle kind of back whose #1 criticism is that he lacks break-away speed. That completely does not remind me of anyone who recently graduated from Penn State, who recently graduated, who accumulated 3000+ yards on the ground during his career at Penn State. Of course Beachum could be the next Tony Hunt. Personally, I would put Royster higher on the depth chart but Beachum certainly could be the back PSU relies on for the next 3-4 years.
You’re the hot new coach everyone is after – which Big Ten school not named after a mountain lion would you want to coach and why?

I'd want to coach Illinois. They are a storied program who has been down for a while and, based on the presumption that I would be the best coach of all time, I would be the one to revive the program back from the brink. Have you learned nothing from Spurrier?

CLICK-CLACK, BITCHES!
Michigan coach Lloyd Carr has his team poised to win a Big Ten championship and possibly more. If the Wolverines slip up is Carr’s job at risk?

No. Unless that slip-up means 2-10, then, maybe. Barring that, Lloyd is here to stay.
Speaking of Michigan… the Wolverines and Irish just signed a contract to play for 20 freakin’ years. What one out of conference foe would you like to see Penn State lock up for 20 years?

Well, I'd say Florida. This would be a great matchup for the Lions. Granted, no natural rivalry exists between the two teams but this would be the way to get a good cross-conference rivalry started. I'm also biased because I have a bunch of friend who are Gator Alums and fans and I would love to be able to hang with those guys in State College or Gainesville.
Lightning Round

Name something that Tailgaters do that really bugs you.

When they deep fry things that shouldn't be deep fried! I'm sorry, that isn't true. I am secretly insanely jealous of his awesomeness. BTW, I'll be in HV for the Tosu game, if anyone is up for tailgating with a blogger, hollaatchyoboy! It bothers me when people put too much ketchup on the delicious things I've been cooking!
Did you see the Simpson's movie yet?

Yes. I really enjoyed it. Spider-Pig has been dominating my life a little.

Peep our PSU brother's response at BSD, RUTS, and TNL!

Go State! Get Fired Up/Deep Fry The Fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Write about the USA Today Top 25 poll! Stop doing "work" and write about important things! We are #18...fair/unfair? justified? why is Tennessee ahead of us? we pounded them! We're the 3rd highest 9-4 team, behind the vols and the dawgs....4 big ten teams in the top 18 --- this is good. --- there are 5 SEC teams in the top 15 though. hurry, JB hurry!