Friday, September 07, 2007

Big Ten Roundup

Thanks to all who took the time to respond to the questions posed in the Big Ten Roundtable (week 2). My own responses and the best of the BTR will be discussed below:
1. Clearly, Week 1 was a huge week for upsets with Appalachin St. beating Michigan and Clemson beating FSU (though if that really shocked anyone I'd be surprised). What are your upset games for Week 2 and why?
South Carolina vs. Georgia and TCU at Texas jump out as two possible upsets. Specific to the Big Ten, Michigan has to try to bounce back against a tough match-up against Oregon. A week ago this would've been an upset so unless Michigan plays a lot better than they did yesterday they are staring 0-2 in the face.

The Buckeye blog dropped this steaming turd of rivalry-fueled-hate into Michigan's cereal:
There was an upset this weekend? Funny, I thought Michigan played about as well as can be expected.
2. What do you think about the BTN? How'd it look? How were the announcers? Did the first weekend change your opinion of the BTN?
I didn't see it. I heard good things though. Mainly from Lake The Posts who kind of wants to have the BTN's illegitimate love child:
I thought the technical quality of the Michigan (HD) game was outstanding. And how the heck can you not love extended highlights, live postgame pressers AND three games going on at the same time on the BTN overflow channels all within 1 channel of the mother station? I'm digging it.
Not everybody was as in Love as LTP, Badger Sports Fan seems a little strung out on Rage-a-hol:
I think it screwed me out of watching the biggest, most embarrassing upset in college football history live. I didn't see it, I won't see it, I don't like it.

3. Now that we're a game into the Season evaluate the Big Ten's strength.
Clearly, the Big Ten took a big hit when Michigan dropped out of the polls. The rest of the Big Ten needs Michigan to step up and play well against Oregon and scramble back into the rankings. For God's sake, we look like the Big East over here!
The Buckeye Blog showed unusual insight when he gave PSU mad-love:
I’m worried about Penn State and think they could be a real surprise to everyone this year. We play them at their stadium and to be honest, that damn white out thing scares the hell out of me.

It should scare you. If you aren't afraid already, you will be. You will be.

Gopher Nation wins the Eeyore Award for giving a forecast which can only be considered a major downer.
But here is something I've come across today that I find fascinating. Not one Big Ten team is playing a ranked opponent in a non-conference game. The best we have to offer is Missouri, Oregon and Notre Dame. The former 2 may end up being ranked but the latter is very weak this year. This will not be a banner year for the Big Ten. Michigan was our best shot at getting into the BCS Championship and that ship has sailed.

Jesus man! Climb down of the ledge, there is still hope!

Good Strong Blogging this week. Keep it up.

Now lets watch some fucking-football!

GO STATE!

1 comment:

Galen said...

Good work JB, I bow to your mad skillz!