Wednesday, April 30, 2008

To Whom PSU Players Will Answer

The team has announced it's captains, the captains are:
1. Sean Lee (Honorary)
2. Anthony Scirrotto
3. A.Q. Shipley
4. Derrick Williams
5. Josh Gaines

The Collegian has the full story.

As you would expect, these guys are all big time players who lead by example on and off the field*. It is unusual, as BSD aptly points out, for there to be five captains on the team, however, with the off-field issues piling up it isn't odd for Joe to think he needs more guys to lead this team.

As per usual, Sean Lee gives the best, most hard-nosed, I'll kick your ass even though I cannot use one of my legs, quotes:
“If I see a problem with a guy getting out of line, I can step in and talk to him,” Lee said on Saturday. “We had a meeting and were like, ‘This is how it’s going to be. If anybody has a problem with it, we’re going to take care of it.’ ”
FUCK. YEAH!

I may just make it my mission to make Sean Lee a goddamn folk-hero over the next two years! Don't get me wrong, Poz and Conner were great but they never gave quotes like that!

GO STATE! LEAD BY EXAMPLE! AND POSSIBLY GET IN SOMEBODY'S FUCKING FACE ABOUT IT!

*In Mr. Scirrotto's case he may lead you to an off-campus, apartment brawl, but who is counting.

No comments: