Monday, August 17, 2009

Filling Up the Passion Bucket

There haven't been very many postings as of late, for this, I apologize. 

It isn't that my Passion Bucket is empty, in fact, I'm incredibly excited about the season.  For example, I found my happy place this weekend while watching Penn State practice on the BTN.  I watched a practice and found myself pausing, rewinding, and re-watching certain plays.  It was awesome. 

The problem is that there isn't a lot of mystery to this year's team.  You don't have to look very hard to figure out what Penn State's strengths and weaknesses will be for the '09 season.  There are only so many times one can opine about what will happen if the offensive line comes together, or young WRs step up, or the secondary plays well.  For the Nittany Lions to be a good football team this year all of those positions will need to play well.  There isn't a mystery.  The real question is which of these squads will step up and when?  Sadly, we won't get any real sense of that until after the first game. 

Until then.  We wait and dream of a Blue/White Season.

GO STATE!  BEAT AKRON!

No comments: