Friday, September 04, 2009

The Akron Game

Because my wife is the greatest woman living or dead, we have purchased tickets to tomorrow's game and will be making the 12 hr drive this afternoon into State College to watch the greatest team history has ever known defeat Akron.

I'm not only excited about getting to see the game live, (there is nothing else like hearing 50,000 people scream: We Are! Only to hear another 50,000 roar back: Penn State! 
It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.) but I'm also excited for everything that goes along with a football weekend in State College.  I'm sure we'll be able to fit in a little partying even in our advanced age (29).  But it will also be great to walk around downtown to load up on Penn State stuff and just enjoy the best college town in the country.

Also, if you have a sweet tailgate and wouldn't mind have two more let me know and we'll stop by and sample your wares.

Also, can I say how nice it was to see college football last night?  It was great.  It is also great because it gives us something to talk about.

I would also like to nominate this as the Best Turn of Phrase (so far) in 2009:

"They're the shit." BLA-DOW!!!

Orson made me laugh out loud this morning at my desk.  For this, I thank him mightily.  One thousand cocktails to you, sir!  May your domination of Charleston Southern be a pleasant and injury free affair!

Go State! Beat AKRON!

No comments: