Monday, July 10, 2006

The Penn State Tradition

There has been a lot of chatter in the blue & white blogosphere regarding the revival of the Penn State, Notre Dame rivalry. I love the fact that PSU and ND are going to square off again. It really is a battle of the Old School when these two get together. As a Penn State fan I echo the sentiments of many PSU fans when I say: "What is so great about ND?". But what should be asked instead, the greatest soft-ball question of all-time: "What is so great about PSU?" Well, as one would assume Joe Paterno has the answer (from 50-Yard Lion Blog):

"...Joe Paterno's thoughts on the Notre Dame tradition when asked how he felt about coming to Notre Dame for the first time:

Paterno perceived, and rightly so, the arrogance contained in the question and it bugged him.

"I wondered to myself, 'Who the hell do Notre Dame fans think they are?'

"At the hotel that night before bedtime I got my team together. Still irritated, I said, 'You're going to hear all about Notre Dame tradition, and you know what? It doesn't mean a thing unless Knute Rockne leaps out of the ground and tackles you. Their field has got a hundred yards and two goal posts just like every other football field. When you put those black shoes on tomorrow, and you put on that jersey without your name on the back, and you put that plain helmet on, that's tradition, Penn State's tradition.'"
Fucking-eh! Black Shoes, Jersey With No Name, Plain Helmet= PSU!!!!!

Joe can always be counted on to put things in perspective!!!!


WE ARE!!!!

No comments: