Monday, June 23, 2008

Chris Bell (my take)

Chris Bell has enrolled at Norfolk State University and he is currently working on his eligibility to play football. (HT: Flounders!)I find it hilarious that the Spartans will take in a guy who actually took out a knife and threatened a teammate. That is quite the second chance. Especially since this incident occurred on campus and in front of assistant coaches!

Look, if you want a rational response to this situation you should head over to Nittany Whiteout and read what they have to say.

I, however, am flabbergasted by Chris Bell. I mean, lets just take a look at what this guy had to say to the Virginia-Pilot:
“I was sitting in history class the other day going over Socrates and Plato reading, ‘No human intentionally tries to do wrong,’ You know, except for when I tried to fucking stab D-Still! That bitch deserved it and I'd do it again!”* said the junior, preparing for 7-on-7 drills Thursday with his Spartan teammates.

“I rebelled and I acted out there, but I also learned a lot. I learned you need to finish a man off when he wrongs you! oh, and to do the finishing in private instead of over a chicken cosmo. Man. I loved the cosmo."*
*editorial comment
Give me a break. He tried to stab a teammate. An injured teammate no less!

Bell goes on to say:
“This is the first blemish ever on my record.” "You know, except for that thing at the HUB where I dropped an atomic elbow on a guy. Aside from that, this is the only blemish on my record. I'm man enough to use a blade! What can I say?"
And he later opines about Penn State and the reasons for his possible downfall:
"I don't have anything bad to say about Penn State," Bell said. "Being at Penn State, you have to do a lot of things. I think I was only doing about 75 percent of it. I would go to class, do my work, but really, I wasn't interested. Because I wasn't interested, I wasn't motivated." "Yup, 75 percent. It was the last 25 percent that gets you. Apparently, that is the 25 percent that keeps you from attacking people in the HUB and NOT trying to stab a teammate at dinner. I came close. 75%! SO CLOSE! DAMN YOU D-STILL! IF I SEE YOU AGAIN I'LL FINISH THE JOB!"

Look, I hope Bell get's his act together and manages to not become a violent lunatic who is in and out of jail. But that doesn't make these quotes any less ridiculous.

GO STATE!

No comments: