Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Keeping Up With The PSU Media Machine

I found that I hadn't been making my usual rounds to newspapers and the such for my PSU news.  Low and behold, there is some stuff out there worth noting.

First, the Purdue game will be on ESPN/ESPN2 at noon on October 4th.

Was a poor first quarter enough to keep PSU from getting lazy?  The Collegian takes a look in this article.
I was terrified during the first quarter of play.  The Lions looked flat and I was worried my doomsday scenario could be coming true.  Jaypa even agrees with me!

"We warmed up flat. You could kind of sense it and feel it," he said. "I don't care how good of a team you are, it's tough to be emotionally up every week. We came out a little flat and it's on us, it's on them, it's on everybody."

Lets hear what some of the Lions thinking about because of that first quarter:

Sayeth Clark:
"You have to come out from the get-go against any Big Ten team. It's time to really get down to the nitty gritty and get in our grind," Clark said. "You cannot come out lackadaisical in the first quarter and expect to turn it on like we did."

Joe, however, remains fired up all day!  both on the field and with the media!

Paterno: "Let's talk about the football game."

Reporter: "Your leg's more interesting."

Paterno: "It's more interesting than some of the things I read too."

YES! EAT THAT YOU BUM!

Finally, it has no come to my attention that there are punk rock versions of Penn State fight songs out there!  I haven't listened to any of their jams...YET!  I am going to withhold judgement on these until I hear them.  They really could be great or terrible.  50/50 shot I guess. 

However, if you wanna buy a CD you can find them here.  Or, if you want to learn more about the band, SUNSET WEST, you can find their myspace here.

GO STATE! BEAT ILLINOIS!

No comments: