Friday, February 15, 2008

The Scirrotto Chapter of the 2007 Spring Fight Is Closed

Anthnoy Scirrotto has taken a plea deal. He has plead guilty to Defiant Trespass, a misdemeanor, for his role in an off-campus fight last April. All it took was 10 months and one full season to resolve these charges. If you want all the gritty details you can check out the CDT and the Collegian.

I am compelled to show some love to RUTS who completely beat me to this story.

The only question left is how will Joe react to #7 actually pleading guilty to a crime. I really don't know that Joe will do. I'm sure he has known what Scirrotto's involvement was for quite some time and that this probably won't lead to any further serious Paterno-related-repercussions. But still. Could Joe nail him with something?

Over at RUTS he rails against the prosecutors in this case for bringing. This is completely fair and deserved. However, lets not leave the defense attorney's out of this. Check out what McGlaughlin, Scirrotto's attorney, had to say about this:
"I struggled, quite honestly -- I struggled with entering a plea," McGlaughlin told Centre County Judge Bradley P. Lunsford. "I still think this is an appropriate ARD case. I respect Mr. [Michael] Madeira's decision, but I disagree with that decision forever and a day."
I don't think he struggled with anything. He did a great job for Anthony. He got several extremely serious felony charges dropped down to a minor misdemeanor in which his client will pay a fine and do some community service. He did a great job but I don't think there was even a little bit of struggling with this offer.

Congrats Anthony! You beat the man!

NOW STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND HIT THEM WEIGHTS!

GO STATE!

No comments: